Friday, February 17, 2012

Thus Sayeth the LORD God



Eze 3:22 And the hand of the LORD was there upon me; and he said unto me, Arise, go forth into the plain, and I will there talk with thee.
Eze 3:23 Then I arose, and went forth into the plain: and, behold, the glory of the LORD stood there, as the glory which I saw by the river of Chebar: and I fell on my face.


I have found that the Lord walks with me in the natural surroundings as I walk by the river. Ezekiel was told to meet the LORD in the plain; a magnificent presence for the glory of the LORD stood there before him and he fell on his face.


Eze 3:24 Then the spirit entered into me, and set me upon my feet, and spake with me, and said unto me, Go, shut thyself within thine house.


The Spirit of the LORD entered into him to do what the LORD required of him. The Spirit was not always with him as he is with a born again believer. After the atonement of Jesus on the cross, Jesus promised to give us the Comforter, the Holy Spirit to dwell with us.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

Now, we are led by the Spirit, although we still look for powerful manifestations of his presence.

Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

This time Ezekiel was told to go into his house.

Eze 3:25 But thou, O son of man, behold, they shall put bands upon thee, and shall bind thee with them, and thou shalt not go out among them:
Eze 3:26 And I will make thy tongue cleave to the roof of thy mouth, that thou shalt be dumb, and shalt not be to them a reprover: for they are a rebellious house.

Ezekiel was told to stay in his house, probably because the people would seek to bind him if he were to be outside at that time. They would resist his message. The LORD said that he was not to speak to them, for they are a rebellious house. There is a time not to speak. We are to be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit.

Eze 3:27 But when I speak with thee, I will open thy mouth, and thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth, let him forbear: for they are a rebellious house.

No matter what they do to stop you from speaking, when I put words into your mouth you will speak. I see from this that we are not to speak our own thoughts to fill the time, but to wait upon the LORD; as he speaks we speak. When I hear from the LORD I am compelled to share regardless of whether it is received or not. Ezekiel with a prophetic ministry was to speak when God told him to speak. Prophesy is for others. We may encourage ourselves with God's word, this is good, but prophesy is for speaking to others a message from God.

Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

He that heareth, let him hear; and he that forbeareth; he that rejects the message, let him reject; for they are a rebellious people.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

In other words, they are what they are. If we are faithful to what God calls us to do, that is all he requires of us. Those who hear God, will hear his message through us, others will not want to hear.