Thursday, February 9, 2012

Eat the Word





Eze 2:6 And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house.

Ezekiel was to go to where he would not be received, it would be hard dealing with these hard faced people. Jeremiah had a similar ministry.

Jer 1:8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the LORD.

Eze 2:7 And thou shalt speak my words unto them, whether they will hear, or whether they will forbear: for they are most rebellious.
Eze 2:8 But thou, son of man, hear what I say unto thee; Be not thou rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee.


The LORD spoke: Be thou not rebellious. How is it that he or we could be rebellious? By not eating the word, by not preparing our hearts, and by serving with no bread in your basket. Eat the word, keep it fresh, the fresh manna from the voice of God. Eat what I give you, chew it, swallow it, digest it, so that you may obey me.

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Some go to places where they were not sent by God and fail in their flesh efforts. Others like Jonah were determined to go far away from where God had called him to serve, but circumstances sent by the LORD brought him to where he needed to be. The calling of God should compel us to fulfill his purpose for us. 

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Psa 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
Psa 19:8 The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
Psa 19:9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
Psa 19:10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Eze 2:9 And when I looked, behold, an hand was sent unto me; and, lo, a roll of a book was therein;
Eze 2:10 And he spread it before me; and it was written within and without: and there was written therein lamentations, and mourning, and woe.

The scriptures were in rolls of parchment; this roll was written on two sides. There was no room to add to it. We are not to add to the word of God, but how often people take one verse to teach a different doctrine then what is meant if read in it's context. This scroll spoke of lamentations, and mourning , and woe. Jerusalem was to be destroyed.

Eze 3:1 Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, eat that thou findest; eat this roll, and go speak unto the house of Israel.
Eze 3:2 So I opened my mouth, and he caused me to eat that roll.
Eze 3:3 And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness.

Sweet to the taste; sweet to the soul but bitter too.

Psa 119:103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psa 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

Rev 10:9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
Rev 10:10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
Rev 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

We must first be prepared by "eating" the word. Read the word and hear the word until it is part of us. Then be led by the spirit, not to a pig pen but to where God sends you.  Go where God leads you and speak His word by the Holy Spirit. Jesus is the sweetest name I know. Share the good word and warn the people of coming perils.

No comments: