Monday, February 6, 2012

Hear, Stand and Receive





Eze 2:1 And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee.

Angels do not like us to bow to them. It was the message of the Spirit of God delivered by angels.
Ezekiel was called "Son of man", 93 times, calling attention to his humanity. Jesus referred to himself as the Son of man showing his human connection to the throne of David, but he also was the only begotten Son of God.

Heb 2:1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
Heb 2:2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
Heb 2:3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
Heb 2:4 God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Angels come with messages. Usually some action is required so let us stand up and be ready to serve when we hear from the LORD.

Was it an angel that spoke to me that day in the hospital following radical cancer surgery as I lay in a bed connected to tubes, unable to swallow, unable to sit up? A voice spoke to me "if you do not drink water, you will die". Immediately I set up in bed and drank a glass of water. I had heard from God Not only that, but something changed inside. I began witnessing with boldness in the hospital to others to trust in God . God will be your help and your strength. I knew the name of Jesus and little else about that name, but God touched me. Later I was saved in a Christian church and baptized and filled with the spirit. Like Ezekiel I believe I was given the Holy Spirit when God spoke to me and called me.


Eze 2:2 And the spirit entered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.

Ezekiel was filled with the Holy Spirit so that he could hear from and speak from the voice of God. The Holy Spirit is our connection and source of power from God.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

We must "drink the water" of his word, so that it may be springs of living water flowing from us by the power of the Holy Spirit.

David had seen the Spirit removed from Saul

Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

The woman at the well

Jonh 4:10  Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 

The Spirit of God helps the workmen

Exo 31:2 See, I have called by name Bezaleel the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah:
Exo 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship,
Exo 31:4 To devise cunning works, to work in gold, and in silver, and in brass, Exo 31:5 And in cutting of stones, to set them, and in carving of timber, to work in all manner of workmanship.

The Holy Spirit will give us power and abilities from God to serve him in all ways of our life. We will be better workmen, anointed artists and craftsmen, because of his presence. We are to be living testimonies of God as he is seen in us and through us. Ezekial seeing the visions was told to stand up and to hear the voice of God. He was filled with the Holy Spirit and was about to receive his calling from God. Do you know your calling and your gifts? We are to be servants and witnesses to bring others to God through his Son Jesus Christ who has paid the price for our reconciliation. Believe the message of God and do what he says. Stand up for Jesus.

No comments: