Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Rejoice in Truth

 

I have been reading stories about the change in the lives of those who came out of human trafficking and who were saved from guilt and shame by their faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus gave his life for our sins to be removed. "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord."


Isa 61:10  I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 


Being made free from sin's punishment we are free to reach out to others and to care about them. It is a joy to be free and saved. We love others because God has first loved us.


Rom 12:15  Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.


1Co 13:4  Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant 

1Co 13:5  or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 

1Co 13:6  it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. 

1Co 13:7  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 


Prayer: Thank you God for new life in the family of God through  Jesus Christ our redeemer. He has paid for our sins with his own blood. I love the word of God, for it is true. Through God we endure all things.

No comments: