Friday, October 28, 2022

Holiness

I was going to do a lesson on the holiness of God, and then Google had changed my account name and I was unable to make the blog. After my efforts that made things worse, I called to my daughter for help. There was a new button added to the blog program that I needed to push to make a new blog enttry. By this time I am not feeling holy at all, but God remains holy and there is a lesson in that.  The only holiness we can have comes through our salvation in Jesus Christ. In him we are holy people, not as holy as God who is forever holy and so much above his creation. I grumble and complain and get frustrated.  He asks us to wait upon him, to listen to his inner voice. I called on my daughter for help.


Isa 6:1  In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 

Isa 6:2  Above him stood the seraphim. Each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 

Isa 6:3  And one called to another and said: “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!” 

Isa 6:4  And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. 

Isa 6:5  And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!” 



1Sa 2:2  “There is none holy like the LORD: for there is none besides you; there is no rock like our God. 


1Pe 1:15  but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 

1Pe 1:16   since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” 


God is holy and righteous, unchangable in his glory. The only holiness we may have is in our connection to God by his spirit. Jesus was sent to be our. substitute sacrifice for sins. We are through his power to become more like him.



No comments: