Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Seek His Face

We sometimes grumble and complain about the goings on in our world.  What we must do is to seek the face of God. Then we may do the will of God.


Psa 143:7  Answer me quickly, O LORD! My spirit fails! Hide not your face from me, lest I be like those who go down to the pit. 

Psa 143:8  Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. 


2Ch 7:14  if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 


Psa 27:8  You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, LORD, do I seek.” 

Psa 27:9  Hide not your face from me. Turn not your servant away in anger, O you who have been my help. Cast me not off; forsake me not, O God of my salvation! 

Psa 27:10  For my father and my mother have forsaken me, but the LORD will take me in. 

Psa 27:11  Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me on a level path because of my enemies. 


Exo 33:11  Thus the LORD used to speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. ..


Num 6:22  The LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 

Num 6:23  “Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, Thus you shall bless the people of Israel: you shall say to them, 

Num 6:24  The LORD bless you and keep you; 

Num 6:25  the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; 

Num 6:26  the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. 

Num 6:27  “So shall they put my name upon the people of Israel, and I will bless them.” 


Hymn:  Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus


1. O soul are you weary and troubled?

No light in the darkness to see?

There's light for a look at the Savior,

And life more abundant and free!


Refrain:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,

Look full in His wonderful face

And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,  

In the light of His glory and grace,


Seek the face of the Lord and live.


No comments: