Thursday, July 28, 2022

What Is Truth?

When the religious leaders in Jerusalem plotted to kill Jesus, being under Roman control they had to bring Jesus to Pontius Pilate, the Roman governor of Judea. Pilate knew that Jesus was innocent but, there were other forms of truth. The truth of popular opinion, there was then as now, politically correct truth, in order to advance in power. He asked the question, that he did not want an answer to, "what is truth?" Truth was standing before him, in Jesus, the future king of the Jews and all the world.


Joh 18:33  Then Pilate entered into the judgment hall again, and called Jesus, and said unto him, Art thou the King of the Jews? 

Joh 18:34  Jesus answered him, Sayest thou this thing of thyself, or did others tell it thee of me? 

Joh 18:35  Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? 

Joh 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. 

Joh 18:37  Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. 

Joh 18:38  Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all. 


Politically correct truth convicted Jesus and sent him to die a terrible death on the cross. He came to take our place to die for our sins. Those of truth believe in him.Earlier on the Mount of transfiguration the voice of God spoke that we are to listen to Jesus.


Mat 17:5  He (Peter) was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him.” 


Those who seek truth listen and follow Jesus.


John 14:6  Jesus said to him, (Thomas)  “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.


John 10:14  I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, 

John 10:15  just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 

John 10:16  And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. 


What truth do you follow?


No comments: