Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Jesus prayed for us

In the prayer of Jesus to God, his father, he prayed for all who believe in him, then and now. We are one body of believers, one with God in the Spirit. We do not promote evil, but are to be separated from it unto God


John 17:14  I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 

John 17:15  I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. 

John 17:16  They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 

John 17:17  Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth. 

John 17:18  As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 

John 17:19  And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth. 

John 17:20  “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 


The word of God is powerful. The gospel, the good news of Jesus Christ is the power of God to save our immortal souls.


Rom 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 

Rom 1:17  For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.” 


Our righteousness is in Jesus Christ.






No comments: