Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mothers and Wives

As a mother grows old, her outward beauty may fade but we remember her kindness and love for us. She will always be remembered.


1Pe 3:3  It is not fancy hair, gold jewelry, or fine clothes that should make you beautiful. 

1Pe 3:4  No, your beauty should come from inside you—the beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. That beauty will never disappear. It is worth very much to God. 


A mother is also a wife.  From the heart of her husband her beauty never fades. When I was a young man playing the trombone in a band. We played an old tune and now that I am old, I understand it well.  


Silver Threads Among the Gold


Darling, I am growing old,
Silver threads among the gold.
Shine upon my brow today;
Life is fading fast away;
Yes! my darling, you will be, will be,
Always young and fair to me.
Yes! my darling, you will be
Always young and fair to me.

Refrain

Darling, I am growing old,
Silver threads among the gold.
Shine upon my brow today;
Life is fading fast away.


Soon we’ll join the Shepherd’s fold,
There we’ll nevermore grow old;
Ageless with the saints on high,
Ne’er again to fade and die;
Cheeks abloom once more like month of May,
Eyes asparkle, fair as day;
For the Lamb has set us free,
Free to love eternally.

Yes, my darling, we will be

Always young and fair and free;
Shining bright in Heav’n above,
Resting in immortal love.


Jesus is the Lamb of God , who came from heaven as a perfect man to die for the wrong in you and me. You see this is how we know that life continues with those we love. By receiving Jesus our wrongs are forgiven and we live with God eternally. Jesus is the only way to heaven. Ask him to remove your sins and to teach from the Bible how to do the will of God.




No comments: