Monday, March 21, 2022

Taking Sides

Some are curious about Jesus because they want to see some miracle. They may show up at a miracle healing event, but have no interest in Jesus as their Lord and the savior from their sins.


Luke 23:8  When Herod saw Jesus, he was very happy. He had heard all about him and had wanted to meet him for a long time. Herod wanted to see a miracle, so he was hoping that Jesus would do one. 

Luke 23:9  He asked him many questions, but Jesus said nothing. 

Luke 23:10  The leading priests and teachers of the law were standing there shouting things against Jesus. 

Luke 23:11  Then Herod and his soldiers laughed at him. They made fun of him by dressing him in clothes like kings wear. Then Herod sent him back to Pilate. 

Luke 23:12  In the past Pilate and Herod had always been enemies. But on that day they became friends. 


I have seen this often, where people who were not friends would come together against someone because of what he stood for. In the AOL Christian chat rooms, people who were not friends would join together against Jesus and his followers.  We see it in politics where friends and families are divided by the spirit of someone they voted for. Religious people may be for abortions when it is murder of the innocents.  How can this be? We see a division according to whether or not people are vaccinated. In this and other issues we suffer the consequences. Most important,  are we for God or against him.  Will we accept the free gift of forgiveness of sins and eternal life through Jesus? 


Joh 10:24  The Jewish leaders gathered around him. They said, "How long will you make us wonder about you? If you are the Messiah, then tell us clearly." 

Joh 10:25  Jesus answered, "I told you already, but you did not believe. I do miracles in my Father's name. These miracles show who I am. 

Joh 10:26  But you do not believe, because you are not my sheep. 

Joh 10:27  My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me. 

Joh 10:28  I give my sheep eternal life. They will never die, and no one can take them out of my hand. 

Joh 10:29  My Father is the one who gave them to me, and he is greater than all. No one can steal my sheep out of his hand. 


What side are you on?


No comments: