Saturday, November 27, 2021

Love For One Another


My parents would often hug each other and kiss. My brother loved to see this show of affection.  Love and forgiveness is what defines a Christian.


John 13:34  A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. 

John 13:35  By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” 


John 15:12  “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 

John 15:13  Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 


John 15:17  These things I command you, so that you will love one another. 

John 15:18  “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 

John 15:19  If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.


Whoa, the world hates you if you are a Christian and love others?  Often that is the case. The god of the world's thinking is the devil. If he hates our love what would he approve of? He wants what God despises. Here is a list of things that God hates:


Pro 6:16  Here are six things that the LORD hates—seven, in fact, are detestable to him: 

Pro 6:17  Arrogant eyes, a lying tongue and hands shedding innocent blood; 

Pro 6:18  a heart crafting evil plans, feet running swiftly to wickedness, 

Pro 6:19  a false witness snorting lies, and someone sowing quarrels between brothers. 


The things that God approves of are the fruit of the Holy Spirit.


Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 

Gal 5:23  gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against such things. 

Gal 5:24  Now those who belong to the Messiah Jesus have crucified their flesh with its passions and desires. 

Gal 5:25  Since we live by the Spirit, by the Spirit let us also be guided. 

Gal 5:26  Let's stop being arrogant, provoking one another and envying one another. 


Prayer:  LORD GOD I ask for a new heart that does good. Jesus is the way and I believe that he died to pay for my sins. Create a clean heart in me and give me the Holy Spirit so that I may be able to do what is good and pleasing to you. Amen




Love Lifted Me

No comments: