Saturday, December 5, 2020

Miry Clay

Psa 40:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. 

Psa 40:2  He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. 

Psa 40:3  And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. 

Psa 40:4  Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. 


The prophet Jeremiah prophesied to Judah the word of truth. The leaders did not like what he said so they lowered him down into a cistern into the miry clay. (Jer 38:6)


In the world we may find ourselves in a miry pit, but God who hates lies and who looks out for his own; He will bring us out of the miry clay and set our feet on the rock. Jesus is the sure rock of our salvation. As over comers we sing our spiritual songs with praise to God and by God's grace others will be drawn to the Lord.


No comments: