Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Jesus my Redeemer



Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:


He bought us who have come to Jesus from the devil and darkness by his blood that was spilled for us. Our sins are forgiven, shouldn't we forget them? By the power of the Holy Spirit we are kept free, as we choose to walk in the light of truth by faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.


This portion of scripture is one of the most powerful in the Bible describing our Lord Jesus Christ, and of his highest position as God the Son.


Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:


Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God.


John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.


John 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
John 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.


The world should see Christ Jesus in us, for he dwells in us, we are to show the world Jesus by speaking his word and doing his work, just as he showed us the Father in himself.


What is meant by "the firstborn of every creature?"


It is the position of being over all creation, and not referring to an actual birth. Jesus is the most high heir of all that is of God. Psalms 89:27 shows this as God the father giving the son the title and authority to be over all things.


Psa 89:27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.


Phil 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Phil 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;


No comments: