Thursday, July 4, 2019

Foirth of July


This fourth of July morning our MPJ prayer breakfast met as usual at eight thirty in the morning. When I arrived The twelve people greeted me with "Happy Birthday."  My birthday was earlier in the week, but this was to be a special 80th birthday celebration for me.

I was asked to choose our songs to sing from our song list. We sang God Bless America because it was made famous in 1939 sung by Kate Smith.  As usual one of the special ladies was moved to tears. We know when the Spirit is moving by seeing her deep feelings and tears expressed in her face.  I chose another hymn, Great is thy Faithfulness, because it is by the grace of God that I have lived to this young age.  Lastly, we sang America the Beautiful. We all spontaneously stood for this beautiful song sung from our hearts.  God will bless America that blesses Him.

Pastor Paul spoke of service and how we must be broken of self will and be servants of the Lord.  He said some nice things about me...I thanked him and in my usual attempt at humor said, "now I want be rewarded in heaven, I got all my rewards today."  Haha...Truly to be in the presence of our Lord is the greatest reward ever.

I had asked a friend to bring a recording of I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy, with James Cagney.  He played this at the end of the meeting.  We were fired up with patriotism and thankfulness; especially me.  A friend commented to me in the parking lot that you should be experiencing a glow. Yes, it was a beautiful gathering, all in unity. We all should glow for the freedoms we have in our nation and give God thanks for keeping us all these years. May you be blessed as well.



No comments: