Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Prudent Wife


Pro 18:22  He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD. 

Pro 19:14  House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the LORD. 

When a married man seeks another woman, he often says "my wife does not understand me." A prudent wife is a wife of understanding. My wife was prudent in understanding, supporting, loving me and we worked together. I do not recall her ever speaking words to put down or that were unkind. A kind woman accepts people as they are and seeks to draw out the best in them. Not everything we did was together. I had my music playing and an internet ministry. She supported me in this and I was free to pursue these things. She was a proficient crocheter and was good with her hands. I wanted her to join with others in fellowship who had similar gifts. Not all are gifted the same, but all should be allowed to grow in their gifts. My wife Faye, of forty four years was a true help meet. A prudent and caring woman, a blessing to me, her family and her friends. She has left us now to be with others who have gone to be with Jesus. Their fellowship there is sweeter and truer than of this world. In Christ Jesus we are loved and have this great promise and hope, that we will be together with the family of God forever. 




1 comment:

GoldLions said...

Clearly you are one of the few fortunate to find the rarest element there is; true love for forty amazing years, a true gift from God.
Such a love is like a window to God's Heart.