Friday, September 23, 2016

Together With Him


2Co 6:1  We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that ye receive not the grace of God in vain. 

We, the body of Christ, the born again believers called the Church, the Bride of Christ; together with others of the faith in Christ and most importantly those who walk together with Christ and by the Holy Spirit  who are led into all good works. Remember we are to work together with God. The Spirit beseeches us who have been called and accepted as adopted children of God, that we not receive in vain the grace, the enabling power of God,  We are not to ignore our position in Christ, in vain, as if it were nothing. Vain means empty of worth. A vain person seeks only her own comforts and delights in the flesh. We are to delight ourselves in the Lord. Paul, in the Spirit warns us to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. We are to be yoked with Christ. Jesus says that his yoke is easy.

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 

Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. 

Christ in us does the work of God and we are to submit to him. There are no problems facing us that cannot be overcome by the power of God in us. Paul lists many afflictions that he had endured for the faith.

2Co 6:3  Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: 
2Co 6:4  But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, ...

Prepare yourselves being led by the Holy Spirit, for the world will hate you and persecute you and even some in the church will oppose you and discourage you. Also, we are not to entertain other spirits. Test the spirits to see if they are of God. Do they acknowledge that Jesus is Lord? Even the demons recognize Jesus, but the Spirit of God will know the truth.  Come out from among them and give yourself completely to the Lord. 

2Co 6:17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, 
2Co 6:18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. 

Come out from the unclean things and be separated, anointed of God, and we shall be called a son or daughter  of the Most High God; the Lord Almighty.  Be an example of a servant and son of God. Follow Jesus and be with him always. 

Joh 12:26  If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. 

May we let God work through us to accomplish his purpose and be wise in our choices.

No comments: