Friday, August 5, 2016

Too Late For Some?


Pro 1:24  Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 
Pro 1:25  But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 
Pro 1:26  I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 
Pro 1:27  When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 
Pro 1:28  Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 
Pro 1:29  For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 
Pro 1:30  They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. 
Pro 1:31  Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices. 
Pro 1:32  For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them. 
Pro 1:33  But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. 

Those who have purposely turned from God to lie and cheat and to gain wealth by evil means will experience fear, desolation, destruction, distress and anguish. Because of these things they will call out to God and He will not answer them; they are reaping what they had sown. There is still hope, for Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost. Was this referring only to the lost sheep, those who were ordained to be saved? If only Jesus were here, for he never turned away anyone who came to him with a repentant heart. What about Judas Iscariot? Could he have been saved? Judas did not go to Jesus to ask for mercy, instead he went to the chief priests and elders who had plotted to kill Jesus. They were hypocrites, getting in the way of salvation to those seeking mercy.

Mat 27:3  Then Judas, which had betrayed him, when he saw that he was condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, 
Mat 27:4  Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. 
Mat 27:5  And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. 

Can those who have denied God be saved? If only Jesus were here, but wait, he is here. He dwells in those who are his disciples. He is with those who are born again of his Spirit. Jesus dwells in his believers, yes there is help for the worst sinner. Jesus is here in the hearts of his disciples. Come and receive forgiveness in the name of Jesus, come you sinners it is not too late. Jesus is calling you now.

John 1:12  But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 

No comments: