Sunday, December 14, 2014

Following


When my friend Tom died of cancer in 1986, I placed a picture in my bedroom on the wall opposite of my bed so that I would see it each day and remember that he has gone to Jesus. Recently another dear friend sent me a bumper sticker, "Do you follow Jesus this close?"  I needed that message for myself before I display it on my car. My driving isn't that good, but how about my own walk with the Lord?  Am I following him closely? For now, the sign remains where I can see it each night and day as a reminder. We must live what we preach, for we are accountable to the LORD.

Mat 5:19  Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 

Mat 23:1  Then spake Jesus to the multitudes and to his disciples, 
Mat 23:2  saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses seat: 
Mat 23:3  all things therefore whatsoever they bid you, these do and observe: but do not ye after their works; for they say, and do not. 
Mat 23:4  Yea, they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with their finger. 

We live this life so that we will be received and welcomed by the Lord Jesus Christ, to be with him forever in eternal glory.



No comments: