Thursday, November 13, 2014

Not Over Yet


In church there was a lesson about peace and fear. The world has no peace, but we in Jesus have the peace of God regardless of what happens. The discussion turned to a lady who had cancer and how that she has been living in fear day to day for the past three years. I wanted to say something about this because I had been through cancer as a young man. I was actually brought to the Lord in the hospital when the Lord quickened me. There were recoveries and then the cancer would return. I should have been fearful, but the Lord's peace  came to me. Finally the Lord healed me after many recurrences.

It was about twelve years later that I found a lump on the side of my head. I thought, oh no it is cancer again. I was working with my brother in a new cabinet shop that we had started.  I thought to myself, "is my time over?" We were behind on a cabinet job that needed to be done the next morning but my doctors appointment was that afternoon. It was good news, the lump was only a cyst, that he removed. I was so relieved about this. I wanted to express my joy, so that night I returned to the cabinet shop with my brothers teenage son and we finished all the cabinets that needed to be done. We did it with no pay and just out of the joy of being able to do it. My nephew Tom wrote on the dust of the floor. "The cabinet fairies were here."

We need to be enthusiastic about this life while we have it. Let us do good works, express our joy and be thankful using the time we have left. I lost two good spirit filled ministry partners this year. Earl was 86 and Bob was 79. What I remember them by was their great joy in praise and worship. We all truly loved making music together and sharing in the rest homes. It is not over yet, so lets do things from hearts of joy. Encourage someone and start a ministry. There is still time, it is not over yet.

John 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 
John 9:5  As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. 
John 9:6  When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, 
John 9:7  And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing. 

Do you see the possibilities in serving others as unto the Lord?

John 14:12  Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 
John 14:13  And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 


No comments: