Sunday, October 23, 2011

We can do nothing good of ourselves


I had a dream where everything was going wrong. I was under pressure at an important event, hired to do a job and everyone had to wait, and as hard as I worked, everything went wrong. I woke to find it was all a dream, but with an important message. We can do nothing apart from God. We must take everything to God in prayer.

Last night in our chat a man came in quoting scriptures, but he was concerned that he had not truly come to the place that he knew God and that he was saved. He had analyzed a lot of verses and just couldn't make it to Christ to where he was one with him. Well, we all gave him help from God's word, but there comes a time that we must let go of self thinking and walk by faith. The walk of faith has no confidence in self, in positions held or the achievements of men. We walk by faith new each day in him. He supplies the next step that we take. He gives us our thoughts our actions and our plans. Are we worn out from doing things ourselves? Hear God and follow him. Jesus gave us an example; we are to do as he did.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````

Joh 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

````````````````````````````````````
Joh 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

````````````````````````````````````````

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

```````````````````````````````````````````````
Paul had to give up self to serve Christ Jesus.

``````````````````````````````````````````

2Co 13:4 For though he was crucified through weakness, yet he liveth by the power of God. For we also are weak in him, but we shall live with him by the power of God toward you.
2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?
2Co 13:6 But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates.
2Co 13:7 Now I pray to God that ye do no evil; not that we should appear approved, but that ye should do that which is honest, though we be as reprobates.
2Co 13:8 For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth.

````````````````````````````````````````````
Php 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
Php 3:4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Jesus Christ has done a wonderful complete work of salvation in you, by your faith in him. Now we walk to manifest this change inside, by our actions. Our direction comes from him, through the Holy Spirit. Walk in the Spirit, not in the flesh In the flesh we fail, let God work through your flesh the supernatural things of God. We walk by faith.

No comments: