Sunday, June 5, 2011

Arrows

I have had visions of a bow with an arrow about to be released. I took this as a sign to keep going ahead. Later in church, a prophesy was given that I was as an arrow sent to hit the target that God had prepared for me. When I see this vision, I am usually in a place that I am not to remain, but am to keep going until I am sure that I am where I should be. I have not had that vision for a number of years, so I assume I am where I was sent to be. Let us look at a few places where arrows were used as messages or warnings.

Arrows were sent by Jonathan to warn David that it was not safe to return to King Saul's palace.

1Sa 20:22 But if I say thus unto the young man, Behold, the arrows are beyond thee; go thy way: for the LORD hath sent thee away.

Elisha the prophet:

An arrow of deliverance

2Ki 13:14 Now Elisha was fallen sick of his sickness whereof he died. And Joash the king of Israel came down unto him, and wept over his face, and said, O my father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof.
2Ki 13:15 And Elisha said unto him, Take bow and arrows. And he took unto him bow and arrows.
2Ki 13:16 And he said to the king of Israel, Put thine hand upon the bow. And he put his hand upon it: and Elisha put his hands upon the king's hands.
2Ki 13:17 And he said, Open the window eastward. And he opened it. Then Elisha said, Shoot. And he shot. And he said, The arrow of the LORD'S deliverance, and the arrow of deliverance from Syria: for thou shalt smite the Syrians in Aphek, till thou have consumed them.

Arrows of bitterness and Judgment

Psa 64:2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked; from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:
Psa 64:3 Who whet their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:
Psa 64:4 That they may shoot in secret at the perfect: suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.
Psa 64:5 They encourage themselves in an evil matter: they commune of laying snares privily; they say, Who shall see them?
Psa 64:6 They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.
Psa 64:7 But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.
Psa 64:8 So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee away.
Psa 64:9 And all men shall fear, and shall declare the work of God; for they shall wisely consider of his doing.
Psa 64:10 The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him; and all the upright in heart shall
glory.

Arrows as the blessings of children

Psa 127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psa 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
Psa 127:5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

Arrows are weapons and symbols for good or for evil. They are for the mighty who trust God and who are blessed of him. An arrow out of control is dangerous as a dart from satan, but an arrow in the hand of God is for good. Follow God's arrows and be blessed with strength and fulfillment.

No comments: