Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Friends Who Accuse

Job 27:4 My lips shall not speak wickedness, nor my tongue utter deceit.
Job 27:5 God forbid that I should justify you: till I die I will not remove mine integrity from me.
Job 27:6 My righteousness I hold fast, and will not let it go: my heart shall not reproach me so long as I live.
Job 27:7 Let mine enemy be as the wicked, and he that riseth up against me as the unrighteous.

Job's three friends were trying to uncover some secret sin of his as the reason for his affliction. Job had done nothing to deserve what befell him, so he is compelled to warn his friends that their words were as slander and they would be held accountable to God for being false witnesses.
Job did seek to do what was true and right and he defended himself. Likewise we at times must defend the truth of the word of God from those who speak against it. When they speak as false witnesses against God's word they speak against God himself.

It was commonly thought in Bible times that a persons sins were responsible for his affliction.

John 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?
John 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

Check your own heart before you accuse another.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Jas 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
Jas 1:20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

I suppose it is impossible to be in public and not be accused by someone. I am not perfect nor are you. A friend will seek your good and not to destroy you. Be right with God and just forgive those who offend you and accuse you unjustly. In Jesus we are free from God's wrath. Jesus was perfect and he still was accused; we are his disciples and if we suffer as he did, we also will reap the rewards of eternal life with Him.

No comments: