Monday, January 3, 2011

Our source of Strength

Psalm 3:2 Many are they who say of me, "There is no help for him in God." Selah
Psalm 3:3 But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

Are others telling you there is no God? Are unbelievers mocking you as you witness to them? Do relatives only see you as who you once were and not as a child of God redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb? Do old friends come to pull you back into a sinful life? Are you tired and losing hope? Do not listen to these negative voices for they are not of God. Remember the LORD and follow His Spirit that dwells in you.

David was running from his son Absalom, who was stealing his kingdom from him. David still loved his son and gave orders that his son should not be hurt. When Absalom was killed and David's kingdom was restored to him; he wept:
"
O my son Absalom, O Absalom, my son, my son!"
(
2
Sam 19:4)

The LORD is our source of love, comfort and strength. Jesus cried over Jerusalem much as David cried over Absalom because of love.

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Still, Jesus paid the price to redeem us, with his own blood.

Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

No comments: