Friday, May 28, 2010

The Branch

Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:

Isa 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
Isa 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

He was born a lowly servant to take our sins to the cross, yet he is the eternal Son of God, the eternal Spiritual Son of God, born of a virgin and the descendant of king David. Out of Jesse, the father of king David a branch shall grow out of his roots. The tree that has been a dormant stump for 600 years, shall bring forth a new living branch, the Lord Jesus Christ. God keeps His promises, in His time. He shall come again, and he shall rule and reign from Jerusalem.

Two other prophets spoke of the Branch who would come.

Jer 33:14 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will perform that good thing which I have promised unto the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.
Jer 33:15 In those days, and at that time, will I cause the Branch of righteousness to grow up unto David; and he shall execute judgment and righteousness in the land.

Zec 3:8 Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.

Zec 6:12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the LORD of hosts, saying, Behold the man whose name is The BRANCH; and he shall grow up out of his place, and he shall build the temple of the LORD:
Zec 6:13 Even he shall build the temple of the LORD; and he shall bear the glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne; and he shall be a priest upon his throne: and the counsel of peace shall be between them both.

Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

The Spirit of God shall rest on him; their are seven qualities of this one Spirit:

the Spirit of the Lord,
the spirit of wisdom
and understanding,
the spirit of counsel,
and might,
the spirit of knowledge
and the fear of the LORD.

This passage is behind the term the sevenfold Spirit of God used in Revelation 1:4, 3:1, 4:5 and 5:6. It isn't that there are seven different spirits of God, rather the Spirit of the LORD has these characteristics, and He has them all in fullness and perfection.(Guzik)

Jesus put aside his Godhead, which had all of these qualities and took upon himself the Holy Spirit, the same Spirit that Jesus has given to us to do the work of God.

Phil 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Phil 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Phil 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

He put on the Spirit of God, that has the qualities of God, the same Spirit that is available to us. The Spirit of God is also the Spirit of Jesus. If we are Spirit filled, we are filled with the presence of Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit of God, connects us to the Father and the Son, we are spiritual adopted sons of God. We may ask and receive wisdom, understanding, good advice, power to do his will, knowledge and the fear of the LORD. The world does not honor and fear the LORD, because they have not His Spirit.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Righteous Judgement

Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
John 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.

John 7:28 Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.
John 7:29 But I know him: for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

John 12:49 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.
John 12:50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.
John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Isa 11:4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
Isa 11:5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.

The girdle or belt gathers up and holds a garment together in one place. In Christ Jesus he shall be secured with righteousness, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins. The reins are used to guide a horse. Jesus is guided by the faithful word of God. God is faithful and we serve a faithful Lord.

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Rev 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Rev 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Rev 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

It is wonderful, how the LORD speaks to us the same truth from several prophets and servants, by the Spirit of truth. The word of God is true, no other place is there consistent truth, cover to cover as in the Holy Bible. Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ and by the Holy Spirit we are able to see the wonderful word of God. Those who say the Bible is just another book, have not the Spirit of God. As Jesus did all things by the Spirit of God, so shall we. As he is righteous, so we are in Him, the righteous adopted children of God. If we sin we by the Spirit confess our sins and we are restored. We are to be faithful to his word as he is faithful. This also means we are to be faithful to our word, if we promise to do something we must keep that promise. Of course we are not to make promises that are offensive to God or to man. We are connected to the Branch and in him we are to bring glory to God.

No comments: