Sunday, December 11, 2022

Omnipresent God

On the cover of Time magazine in 1966 was the statement "Is God dead?"  One of the comments in the article was that people were too busy to seek him.  Hal Lindsey, evangelist and author shares that If anyone responds to this knowledge that God exists, God will move heaven and earth to meet with him. 


God is omnipresent. Omnipresence is God's characteristic of being present to all ranges of both time and space. Although God is present in all time and space, God is not locally limited to any time or space. God is everywhere and in every now. No molecule or atomic particle is so small that God is not fully present to it, and no galaxy so vast that God does not circumscribe it.


Jer 23:23  “Am I a God at hand, declares the LORD, and not a God far away? 

Jer 23:24  Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the LORD. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the LORD. 


 When my oldest brother was president of a manufacturing plant. He usually stayed separate from the workers, staying in the office. On occasion he would put on a white lab coat and stroll through the production area. The workers were well aware of his presence.  God is near. Our sins cause us to hide from him, but he has invited us to be made clean and white through faith in his son Jesus, who has paid the price for our redemption.


Psa 139:7  Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? 

Psa 139:8  If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! 

Psa 139:9  If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, 

Psa 139:10  even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. 

Psa 139:11  If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,” 

Psa 139:12  even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is bright as the day, for darkness is as light with you. 

Psa 139:13  For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. 

Psa 139:14  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. 


1Jn 4:12  No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us. 


God is near and he loves us.



No comments: