Saturday, November 26, 2022

The Mercy of God

Sometimes thoughts come into your mind that are not good. Thoughts that tear you down are not from God. God is a good and merciful God.


 Jer 29:11  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 

Jer 29:12  Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 

Jer 29:13  And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 


When thoughts condemn you then seek God , call upon him and seek him in the words in the Bible.  God loves you and is merciful. Mercy defined is goodness, kindness, faithfulness.


Lam 3:22  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 

Lam 3:23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 


Mercy and grace are closely related. Mercy has to do with kindness and compassion and the withholding  of punishment for our sins.  Grace includes kindness and compassion, but also carries the idea of bestowing a gift of favor.  


Eph 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 

Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; ) 


By grace we are saved from the wrath of God and also we are given favor with God. Thank you God for giving me eternal life by believing in the salvation given through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: