Saturday, August 20, 2022

The Fulfilling of the Law

 Rom 13:8  Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. 

Rom 13:9  For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” 

Rom 13:10  Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law. 


We fail to keep the laws and we love imperfectly. Only Jesus fulfilled all the law and loved perfectly.


Mat 5:17  “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 

Mat 5:18  For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 


We come to Jesus to fulfill all the law and to be forgiven our sins.


Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 

Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 

Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. 



No comments: