Saturday, January 8, 2022

The Great Commision


Jesus had risen from the dead on the third day, as he said he would. The eleven waited for him on the mountain. Judas was no longer with them, he had hanged himself after realizing what he had done. Some doubted like Thomas, who after seeing his wounds called him "My Lord and my God".  


John 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 

John 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 


Mat 28:16  The eleven followers went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus told them to go. 

Mat 28:17  On the mountain the followers saw Jesus. They worshiped him. But some of the followers did not believe that it was really Jesus. 

Mat 28:18  So he came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth is given to me. 

Mat 28:19  So go and make followers of all people in the world. Baptize them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 

Mat 28:20  Teach them to obey everything that I have told you to do. You can be sure that I will be with you always. I will continue with you until the end of time." (ERV Bible)


The disciples worshiped him. They did not worship men or angels, only God is to be worshiped.  Jesus is God, the Son. Father, Son and Holy Spirit is the one God. God is Spirit. All authority was given to Jesus by the Father.  They were told to go and make followers all over the world. The Messiah was first sent to Israel, they mostly rejected him, so they were sent to all people. They were to be baptized in the name of God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  Jesus being eternal promised them eternal life and that he would be with them forever. I like that.


He Lives



No comments: