Saturday, January 4, 2020

Urgency


Exo 13:21  And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of cloud to lead them along the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night.

My desire was to be in a business doing something that I enjoyed doing.  I had decided that photography was something that I very much enjoyed. It was a way of stopping time, to capture a view of life and to look at the beauty through my eyes and to share it with others.  In time I had a desire to purchase a building for a photo studio.  I went to my pastor and asked him his opinion of purchasing a building in an old section of a nearby town. He said, " what have you to gain and what have you to lose?" I would go forward by faith; it was 1981. It was a terrible time to buy for the interest rates were 18%.  The Lord did bless us and we eventually paid off the balance of what we owed. A reputation was built from doing something I enjoyed. Once the building was purchased I shifted attention to the AOL chats. I witnessed in the chats and because this was the beginning of people getting online, I talked to thousands in the chat rooms. Hundreds gave their hearts to Jesus, some with great miracles. I was dedicated to witnessing online.

Things changed. My beloved wife Faye began having health problems and the business closed in 2013.  Faye went to Jesus in 2017. The chat rooms stopped when AOL was sold. The roof of the business leaked and things remained static until the roof was finally fixed. Now there is a rumor that the city may condemn the buildings because of California code changes. It is time to gather up anything of value before things end.  Suddenly there is an urgency to get things in order. Whatever happens I will do what I can. The Lord has been with me throughout the years and he will provide. 
It used to be that owning a business building was a wise investment. Things do change. We keep moving as we see the Lord leading us.

Luk 12:33  Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. 
Luk 12:34  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 





No comments: