Thursday, May 16, 2019

The Unworthy Made Worthy


1Co 15:3  I gave you the message that I received. I told you the most important truths: that Christ died for our sins, as the Scriptures say; 
1Co 15:4  that he was buried and was raised to life on the third day, as the Scriptures say; 
1Co 15:5  and that he appeared to Peter and then to the twelve apostles. 
1Co 15:6  After that Christ appeared to more than 500 other believers at the same time. Most of them are still living today, but some have died. 
1Co 15:7  Then he appeared to James and later to all the apostles. 
1Co 15:8  Last of all, he appeared to me. I was different, like a baby born before the normal time. 
1Co 15:9  All the other apostles are greater than I am. I say this because I persecuted the church of God. That is why I am not even good enough to be called an apostle. 
1Co 15:10  But, because of God's grace, that is what I am. And his grace that he gave me was not wasted. I worked harder than all the other apostles. (But I was not really the one working. It was God's grace that was with me.) 
1Co 15:11  So then it is not important if I told you God's message or if it was the other apostles who told you—we all tell people the same message, and this is what you believed. (Easy Read Version)

It is not the messenger , but the message from God that matters. The gospel, the good news for all who will believe is that Jesus Christ died on the cross as payment for our sins and has risen from the grave on the third day, all according to the scriptures. Over five hundred people saw the resurrected Christ and his disciples witnessed of his grace, giving his followers everlasting life with him.  

Most people knew that they were unworthy of God's great gift through faith in Jesus. God made the unworthy people worthy to speak to others the good news. They were given grace; the power to witness for him. Even the least worthy was made worthy by obeying God as his servant having been called of God, being forgiven and empowered to do his work. Paul "worked harder than all the other disciples", and many consider him the greatest apostle because his epistles  helped the church to grow in understanding.

Are we feeling unworthy?  Submit to God and allow his Spirit to flow out to others the truth of God's word.

Mar 10:29  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 
Mar 10:30  But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life. 
Mar 10:31  But many that are first shall be last; and the last first. 


No comments: