Sunday, October 28, 2018

Make a List


I had a dream again about a wedding that I was to photograph. I had been a wedding photographer for over thirty years and even though I am retired, often photography is in my dreams. In the dream I was at a wedding at some distant place and realized that I had forgot to bring my camera flash. I have had variations of this dream, forgetting batteries or film or not searching where the reception was to be at.  In reality I had always used a check list before going out to a wedding to be sure that I had not forgotten something. I also prayed that all would go well. The Lord never let me down in all those years of weddings. If I realized something was not right at a wedding, I would tell the wedding couple and redo what needed to be done. It is better to correct something that went wrong while you can instead of pretending it did not happen and then to face the consequences later. We ought always to pray and it is a good idea when praying for others to make a prayer list.

Luk 18:1  And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; 
Luk 18:2  Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 
Luk 18:3  And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 
Luk 18:4  And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 
Luk 18:5  Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 
Luk 18:6  And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 
Luk 18:7  And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 
Luk 18:8  I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth? 

The Lord said that we ought to pray, and not to faint. Be diligent, do not give up, for God hears our prayers and he will be there with the answers for you and for others. Listen, if we do not pray, do not read the Bible, soon our faith becomes weak. Your prayers and your persistence keep the devil, our adversary under control. When churches quit teaching from the Bible and there are no longer prayer meetings, will the Lord find faith on the earth when he returns? We each are to pray always.

1Th 5:17  Pray without ceasing. 
1Th 5:18  In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 



No comments: