Monday, June 11, 2018

Wise Words


I opened a Chinese fortune cookie that had been waiting on my desk. I read the fortune that said "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Immediately I thought of our crooked politicians who when asked questions they say "I don't remember."  Their memory is selective and their stories are layered with lies. This is an era when God's word is censored and human thoughts are exalted. Humanism and the absence of absolute values result in "my truth and your truth, which is is no truth. "Progressives" remove the boundaries of established morality and impose their dictates as the politically correct order of things. Oh how we need the word of God!

Job 28:28  And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

 Isa 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! 
Isa 5:21  Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight!

 Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 
Joh 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. 
Joh 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 

Joh 14:3  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 
Joh 14:4  And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 
Joh 14:5  Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 
Joh 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 
Joh 14:7  If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 

Joh 15:26  But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Joh 8:31  Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 
Joh 8:32  And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 

Pro 14:33  Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that which is in the midst of fools is made known. 
Pro 14:34  Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. 

Our nation needs the truth of God's word and to depart from evil. 





No comments: