Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Walk Through the Darkness


I came through the wonderful teaching in a Baptist Church. They taught me that the word of God is truth, all of it and I believe this.  Having been in an Assembly of God church for a number of years, I have not changed my thoughts that the Bible is the word of God. The Assembly church also teaches that the gifts, such as tongues and the interpretation of tongues are for this time as well.  I came across an interpretation of tongues given in my church in March of 2005. It was with my wife's things. She was going through a difficult time with her health. Any interpretation or prophecy must line up with God's word. Here is the interpretation.

In this day when there is darkness all around you, people will say, my people have the strength of God and the joy of the Lord.  You will walk with joy.  You will walk with understanding.  You will walk in wisdom because I am your God. You have acknowledged me.  You have given honor to my name.  I am your God and I will walk with you through these things and you will see the light.  You will not see the darkness for the darkness will not cover you.  But I the Light will cover my people.

When we walk in the light with God, people will see Him and He will be glorified. The LORD is our Light and our strength.

Psa 89:13  Thou hast a mighty arm: strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand. 
Psa 89:14  Justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before thy face. 
Psa 89:15  Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance. 
Psa 89:16  In thy name shall they rejoice all the day: and in thy righteousness shall they be exalted. 
Psa 89:17  For thou art the glory of their strength: and in thy favour our horn shall be exalted. 
Psa 89:18  For the LORD is our defence; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

John 8:12  Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. 

My wife left this life knowing that the Light of God will not go out. She is in the light of his presence and of His glory.  Our walk of faith is a walk with the Lord. He takes us through the darkness, for we are in him the people of light and truth. Jesus is the real truth and I believe in Him.


No comments: