Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Missing Gift


Pro 6:1  My son, don't make yourself responsible for the debts of others. Don't make such deals with friends or strangers.
Pro 6:2  If you do, your words will trap you.
Pro 6:3  You will be under the power of other people, so you must go and free yourself. Beg them to free you from that debt.
Pro 6:4  Don't wait to rest or sleep.
Pro 6:5  Escape from that trap like a deer running from a hunter. Free yourself like a bird flying from a trap.
 
I was given a thumb drive with 250 old hymns with parts for a quartette several years ago. Yesterday the one who gave me the music
asked to have it back. I could not find it! I did not want to take something that belonged to another, so all day the missing computer thumb drive was on my mind. I searched every important place that it could be. In the evening my daughter was off work and helped me look for the small thumb drive. I returned to the drawer that I had searched twice before and there it was, bright red, but I had overlooked it twice. I wrote an email to my friend that I would bring the drive to him at our next meeting. I did not want to be in debt to a friend.
 
Many of us have been responsible for a debt of a family member. I see this as a gift to them. Jesus paid for all of our debts of sin and transgressions of the laws of God. Jesus paid for it all and in returned gave us gifts to be used. When he returns he will reward us as to how we used these gifts. May we not have hid it and never found it, he expects a return on his investment that he has given to us. This is explained in the parable of the talents. (Matthew 25:14-30)
 

Have you lost the gift that was entrusted to you?

No comments: