Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thankful for friends and family


We used to have family gatherings with my brothers at my folks house. When they died and my oldest brother died, we no longer get together. Sometimes the gatherings were not so smooth, with someone getting drunk or the lack of concern for each other. There is no family like the family of God. My friends love the Lord. My immediate family are Christians. 

My wife Faye, is looking forward to having my son and family visit this afternoon. They asked if she could be put in a wheelchair in the living room instead of her bedroom. She is in good spirits and the turkey is in the oven, I am thankful for Jesus my savior. I am thankful for my family, the family of God. There is no strife when we come together.

Pro 17:1  Better is a dry morsel, and quietness therewith, than an house full of sacrifices with strife. 

I love the peace that comes from the Holy Spirit. Even being alone with a crust of bread can bring peace and thanksgiving. My good friend Earl died two years ago. He would sing his mother's favorite hymn; Never Alone.


I’ve seen the lightning flashing, I’ve heard the thunder roll.
I’ve felt sin’s breakers dashing, which almost conquered my soul.
I’ve heard the voice of my Savior, bidding me still to fight on.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

Refrain

No, never alone, no never alone,
He promised never to leave me,
He’ll claim me for His own;
No, never alone, no never alone.
He promised never to leave me,
Never to leave me alone.

When in affliction’s valley I tread the road of care,
My Savior helps me carry the cross so heavy to bear;
Though all around me is darkness, earthly joys all flown;
My Savior whispers His promise, never to leave me alone!

Refrain

No, never alone, no never alone,
He promised never to leave me,
He’ll claim me for His own;
No, never alone, no never alone.
He promised never to leave me,
Never to leave me alone.



No comments: