Thursday, May 26, 2016

His Steadfast Love

Psa 26:2  Prove me, O LORD, and try me; test my heart and my mind. 
Psa 26:3  For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in your faithfulness.
Psa 26:4  I do not sit with men of falsehood, nor do I consort with hypocrites.
Psa 26:5  I hate the assembly of evildoers, and I will not sit with the wicked.
Psa 26:6  I wash my hands in innocence and go around your altar, O LORD,
Psa 26:7  proclaiming thanksgiving aloud, and telling all your wondrous deeds.

We are to love God above all. Our activities are to be saturated with the love of God. Bad company may take you away from the closeness to the LORD that you need. Popularity with the world is to serve another spirit. The devil wants us to want his things. He will push you to work and work to where there is no time spent in the presence of the Lord. We are to keep our eyes from evil, washing our hands, applying the spiritual blood of Jesus being thankful for his love and presence in our life. Yes, and we are to be his witness. Give his love out to people and do not be puffed up with knowledge.
 
1Ti 6:3  If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness;
1Ti 6:4  He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife, railings, evil surmisings,
1Ti 6:5  Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.


Our fellowship should be to edify as if in the presence of the LORD. Avoid strife and walk in the spirit of peace and love.



No comments: