Wednesday, March 18, 2015

A Free Man


I mentioned last night in our Bible study that I was a bondslave to Christ, meaning I willingly choose to serve him. That is not quite true. In the topic of Israel being delivered from Egypt, the people of God had to be made free in their hearts. I asked are we slaves to a nation or are we free men serving Christ by faith? Then I said that I was a bondslave to Jesus, meaning I choose to serve him willingly. In truth I am not a bondslave or a bondservant, but an adopted son of God. A bondservant does not have an inheritance with the son. A son receives the inheritance with Jesus, receiving eternal life. There's a difference between a bondservant and a son. We who are made free by the Blood of the Lamb of God are heirs of eternal life with Christ Jesus our Lord.
 
Gal 4:1  But I say that so long as the heir is a child, he differeth nothing from a bondservant though he is lord of all;
Gal 4:2  but is under guardians and stewards until the day appointed of the father.
Gal 4:3  So we also, when we were children, were held in bondage under the rudiments of the world:
Gal 4:4  but when the fulness of the time came, God sent forth his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,
Gal 4:5  that he might redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.
Gal 4:6  And because ye are sons, God sent forth the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
Gal 4:7  So that thou art no longer a bondservant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.
Gal 4:8  Howbeit at that time, not knowing God, ye were in bondage to them that by nature are no gods:
Gal 4:9  but now that ye have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how turn ye back again to the weak and beggarly rudiments, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage over again?
Gal 4:10  Ye observe days, and months, and seasons, and years.
Gal 4:11  I am afraid of you, lest by any means I have bestowed labor upon you in vain.

Joh 8:35  And the bondservant abideth not in the house for ever: the son abideth for ever.
Joh 8:36  If therefore the Son shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.


I choose to be a servant of Christ, because he came to serve, but in reality I am not a bondservant but a free man. Jesus made me free and an adopted son of the Most High God. Let those whom he has set free serve God by serving others, but we will not be made slaves, for we are the adopted sons, the family of God, the heirs with Christ and the Bride of Christ. Let us live as free men and women serving God as Jesus came to serve and to seek and to save the lost.

America

1
My country, 'tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty,
Of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From ev'ry mountainside
Let freedom ring!
2
My native country, thee,
Land of the noble free,
Thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
Thy woods and templed hills;
My heart with rapture thrills,
Like that above.
3
Let music swell the breeze,
And ring from all the trees
Sweet freedom's song;
Let mortal tongues awake;
Let all that breathe partake;
Let rocks their silence break,
The sound prolong.
4
Our fathers' God to Thee,
Author of liberty,
To Thee we sing.
Long may our land be bright,
With freedom's holy light,
Protect us by Thy might,
Great God our King.

No comments: