Saturday, September 20, 2014

Green Fruit


We have a large Almond tree in our front yard that is competing with a redwood tree for light. Some years there are very few almonds, but this year the tree looks loaded with them. I remember the early years when we first began our Internet ministry on AOL. There were hundreds of people led to the Lord. A great harvest; some fruit was not yet ripe, but we gave them the way. 

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no one cometh unto the Father, but by me. 


Anything may happen between now and the harvest. Squirrels come, weather may yet damage the crop. This is a drought year for California, so the trees are not as well watered as they could be. It is a joyful feeling when the fruit of salvation is given. Some continue with us, others go out in the world bearing more fruit.

Mat 28:18  And Jesus came to them and spake unto them, saying, All authority hath been given unto me in heaven and on earth. 
Mat 28:19  Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: 
Mat 28:20  teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. 


The heavy branches break off when a wind comes. This branch almost landed on my truck.


The almonds are almost fully grown but they are green inside and watery, no good to save.


A long view showing the truck at the bottom shows how big this tree is. I was thinking of this tree branch as a minister, a person serving the LORD with a potential to yield much fruit. Too often the fruit does not ripen for a good harvest because the person gives up. He is broken off the larger tree that gives the fruit, he withers and is no longer in service. This should not happen.

John 15:5  I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same beareth much fruit: for apart from me ye can do nothing. 
John 15:6  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 
Jonh 15:7  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 
John 15:8  Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; and so shall ye be my disciples. 

Stay the course.

No comments: