Sunday, September 9, 2012

Wall Builders

Eze 22:24 "Son of man, say to her, You are a land that is not cleansed or rained upon in the day of indignation. 
Eze 22:25 The conspiracy of her prophets in her midst is like a roaring lion tearing the prey; they have devoured human lives; they have taken treasure and precious things; they have made many widows in her midst.
Eze 22:26 Her priests have done violence to my law and have profaned my holy things. They have made no distinction between the holy and the common, neither have they taught the difference between the unclean and the clean, and they have disregarded my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them.
Eze 22:27 Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing the prey, shedding blood, destroying lives to get dishonest gain.
Eze 22:28 And her prophets have smeared whitewash for them, seeing false visions and divining lies for them, saying, 'Thus says the Lord GOD,' when the LORD has not spoken.
Eze 22:29 The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. They have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner without justice.
Eze 22:30 And I sought for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the breach before me for the land, that I should not destroy it, but I found none.

In the KJV it says:

Eze 22:30 And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for the land, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

I am not alone in my concern for the evil in our land. Ultimately the solutions are from God. The first verse I think of is:

2Ch 7:14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Rebuilding our walls begins with ourselves, humbling ourselves, repenting and crying out to God. We must stand for what is right for we are given the responsibility to share the gospel with whoever will hear. We are to stand firm on the word of God. The wall is not just a wall to keep out aliens and terrorists, but that is a physical example of what is happening in the spiritual. God is our wall. He keeps out evil and is our protection. There is open hostility to God in our land. When the DMC voted to amend their party platform to include God and Jerusalem as the capitol of Israel, there were as many boos as there were yeas. Think about this? Is God really welcome in a platform that is for abortion and homosexual marriage? If God is to be included, he must be obeyed. There is the focus. Are we a nation of empty phrases, "In God We Trust"? Or do we mean what we say? There is a big gap in the wall that the people have torn open with empty promises, sin and lies. We have a gaping hole in the wall called sin and idolatry. The hole in the wall is ignored as much as some ignore the national debt. The monetary debt reflects the spiritual gap in our wall. 

Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

In Jesus we are the people of God. His Spirit dwells in us. We are to stand fast in Him, as the angels are in the presence of the LORD, they also are in our presence to protect us. Fear not what may come. Pray and fill in the gap in the wall. Stand shoulder to shoulder in the Gap until the LORD repairs the wall or we are taken up to be with Jesus in His kingdom. God will be glorified in his people.

No comments: