Monday, July 23, 2012

Fear


From time to time I receive an Instant message from a woman asking for Psychic advice. I tell her I am not a psychic, but I am a Christian and the Bible is my guide. Last night she IM'd again. Sometimes I just ignore the IM because I am busy in a room. I asked her if she had a need? She was freaking out because in a basket she found a little bug! That hardly sounded like a problem to me. I told her to take it outside because this time of the year there are many bugs. She said "My worst fear is bedbugs." I am calling the exterminator tomorrow, I am freaking out!. She asked me to tell her as a psychic if it's bed bugs? I told her, peace, be still. It is only one bug toss it out. She insisted, "Ask the psychics in the room what to do?" There are no psychics in our rooms. Can you see how easily this woman could be manipulated by someone playing on her fears? She is looking in the wrong place. She needs Jesus, but prefers a psychic. The end result is that she is overcome by fears and is looking for the light in dark spirits. Let us examine the words of Jesus regarding end time fear.

Luk 21:24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

These things are happening. Israel coming out of great persecution from world war 2 established themselves again in their land. The end of the age of the Gentiles, the rapture of the church is coming soon.

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
 


Luk 21:25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
Luk 21:26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

These are big events that cause fear and hearts to fail, but some are fearful now from their own thoughts and imaginations. Come to Jesus and be grounded in the word of God. Do not fear; He is near.

1Jn 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jn 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.

We are to be like Jesus. The work of God is by faith. How often Jesus marveled at our lack of faith. Faith overcomes fear. Abiding in His love brings peace. His peace is promised, no matter what comes. Fear not.

Luk 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 

No comments: