Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The LORD Protects Israel

Ezekiel 29:1 On January 7, during the tenth year of King Jehoiachin's captivity, this message came to me from the LORD:
2 "Son of man, turn toward Egypt and prophesy against Pharaoh the king and all the people of Egypt.
3 Give them this message from the Sovereign LORD: I am your enemy, O Pharaoh, king of Egypt -- you great monster (dragon), lurking in the streams of the Nile. For you have said, 'The Nile River is mine; I made it for myself!'
4 I will put hooks in your jaws and drag you out on the land with fish sticking to your scales.
5 I will leave you and all your fish stranded in the desert to die. You will lie unburied on the open ground, for I have given you as food to the wild animals and birds.
6 "All the people of Egypt will discover that I am the LORD, for you collapsed like a reed when Israel looked to you for help.
7 Israel leaned on you, but like a cracked staff, you splintered and stabbed her in the armpit. When she put her weight on you, you gave way, and her back was thrown out of joint.
8 So now the Sovereign LORD says: I will bring an army against you, O Egypt, and destroy both people and animals.
9 The land of Egypt will become a desolate wasteland, and the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD."Because you said, 'The Nile River is mine; I made it,'
10 I am now the enemy of both you and your river. I will utterly destroy the land of Egypt, from Migdol to Aswan, as far south as the border of Ethiopia.


The LORD protects Israel; the LORD protects his covenant people. Woe to the nations who go against Israel. Woe to Egypt who was supposedly their friend and who was not their protection as they said they would be. Woe for a nation today who deals treacherously with Israel. They will answer to the Almighty God of Israel. Pharaoh was considered as a god by his people. He liked to boast of himself. "For you have said, 'The Nile River is mine; I made it for myself! A king is not made great by his boasting or his ability to debate. The LORD puts kings in power for his purpose, sometimes to punish a wayward people. Learn from this, repent you wayward people and repent high and mighty king and humble yourself before Almighty God. The God of Israel is greater than all gods. He will not share his glory. His righteousness will judge the nations through Jesus his Son. The same Jesus that you hide from will be your judge. Turn from your idols and foreign gods and bow to the King of kings and the Lord of Lords.

Isa 45:20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.
Isa 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Isa 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

No comments: