Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Truth Shall Make You Free

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Those who follow Jesus shall have the light. What are we to do with this light? We are to let it shine in the darkness.

Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Mat 5:15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Mat 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

John 8:13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.

Bearing record of ourselves is our testimony. It is up to the hearer to believe. We know what we speak is true, for we have experienced it and we have the light of God's truth.

John 8:14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.

Jesus knows his record is true, he is the Living Word. He knows that he came from heaven, the spirit is speaking, for no flesh and blood can go to or come from heaven. Jesus the only begotten son came from heaven.

1 Cor 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1 Cor 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1 Cor 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

You cannot tell where I came from, or where I will go, because it is of the Spirit. He came from the Father in heaven and he would go to him again, after the cross and the resurrection.

John 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

They judge after the flesh, with the senses. They were already seeking to find something in which to accuse him and He was already judged by them. Now they seek evidence to fit their impressions of him. Many search the Bible in this way, to fit their perceptions, rather than studying the Bible and letting it speak in context. There is more to Gods word than our thoughts about it. I learn new things each day from scriptures that I thought I knew all about.

John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

His judgment is true, for the Father agrees with him. The Father speaks through Jesus, whom he has sent.

John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
John 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

The law required two to confirm the truth of a witness or testimony. In our society many are taught that what is true for you is truth. Where is the witness? We have God's word and His Spirit to witness of the truth. Jesus is truth.

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

If they will not accept Jesus, they will not accept his testimony, nor will they accept His Father. To reject the Son is to reject the Father. They thought they served God, but really served their own thoughts and desires.

John 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be?
John 3:10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
John 3:11 Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.
John 3:12 If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?
John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

John 8:20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.

No one could lay hands on him, without God's permission.

John 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

Jesus shall return unto his father in heaven. They are of the earth and have not been born again of the Spirit of God. They were of the world and the devil is king over the world. They would perish with him.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Salvation is through Jesus, the Son.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 8:25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

They did not want truth, they were wicked, seeking to trip him up so that they could destroy him. Who are you? He told them, they continued; Who are you? They wanted him to be what they thought of him, instead of who he is. We should not see people in a bad way, we should be as Jesus, seeking the best of what people are. Pointing them in the direction God has for them, instead of controlling or manipulating them.

John 8:26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.

Jesus speaks the truth from God the Father. He brings truth and judgement; knowing right from wrong, and discernment.

John 8:27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.

They could not receive his words, nor were they willing to hear the truth.

1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1 John 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

John 8:28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.

Jesus speaks of his crucifixion, then will you know who I am and my purpose from the father. We know the gospel truth: Jesus was crucified to pay for our sins and has risen from the grave. This is the truth of God revealed. Whosoever believes in him shall not perish but is made alive in His Spirit and will live forever with God.

John 8:29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

Jesus always had the indwelling presence of God with Him. This is what the true believer has, the indwelling presence of God through the Holy Spirit.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
John 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.
John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.
John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Disciples learn deeper of Jesus and his word. They follow him all the way to eternal life. Jesus is the savior from our sins. There is no other way for our sins to be forgiven, but by faith in Jesus. Although Jesus came in the flesh, he is Spirit eternal; the Living Word. He came from God, His Father, in heaven and he returned to God. He brought us truth and life. We must see Him as he is and receive his testimony. If we believe in him, we shall not perish, but live with him forever in glorious spiritual bodies. The earth and the world shall pass away, but God's kingdom is everlasting. Those who come to him will be saved from death and hell. He is the way, the truth and the life. The truth received and believed, shall make you free and give you eternal life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because Christ rose from the dead, all others who are spiritually reborn will follow.

An unsaved heart is a brutal one, like the face of a winter cold night, it's icy breath takes away it's beat. Only Christ can place the living lamp within the dead human heart.
So it may awaken.