Monday, August 3, 2009

Spiritual Testimony

Rev 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy. Prophecy is speaking the word of God; the word of truth. To testify we must speak truth by the Spirit of God. I have heard too many testimonies of dark things of the past, while seeming to glory in the telling of these things. We are not to glory in past sins, but we are to glorify God with our Spiritual testimonies.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
John 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you.

God is not interested in a man's testimony. The world receives the testimonies and thoughts of men, this is humanism. John the Baptist testified of Jesus, by the Holy Spirit. We are men and women who testify of God, through His Spirit.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
John 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
John 5:33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
John 5:34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.
John 5:35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
John 5:36 But I have greater witness than that of John: for the works which the Father hath given me to finish, the same works that I do, bear witness of me, that the Father hath sent me.
John 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
John 5:38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
John 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
John 5:41 I receive not honour from men.John 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

The Holy Spirit witnesses the Word of God through us. The works that we do are to be in obedience to God and to glorify him. Someone said that our witness is without words. Yes, but also with the words of God, the Spirit speaking through us. We are witnesses and ambassadors of our Lord.

2 Cor 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2 Cor 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

People need our witness of Jesus. Mormons do good works and Buddhists do good works, it is the Spiritual testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ that glorifies God and He is the power to change a heart. Our good behavior must be accompanied by the word of truth. I have heard witnesses of the word who had a wrong spirit, who used the word to condemn, this is not the spirit of Christ. Condemnation comes from rejecting the witness of the Holy Spirit. An accusing spirit, anyone will reject. Be careful of what spirit speaks through you.

Isa 8:13 Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
Isa 8:14 And he shall be for a sanctuary; but for a stone of stumbling and for a rock of offence to both the houses of Israel, for a gin and for a snare to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
Isa 8:15 And many among them shall stumble, and fall, and be broken, and be snared, and be taken.
Isa 8:16 Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.
Isa 8:17 And I will wait upon the LORD, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and I will look for him.
Isa 8:18 Behold, I and the children whom the LORD hath given me are for signs and for wonders in Israel from the LORD of hosts, which dwelleth in mount Zion.
Isa 8:19 And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead?
Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

The people of God are a peculiar people, chosen to allow the flow of God's Spirit of truth. We are sanctified unto Him as his beloved servants. The word of our testimony shall be accompanied with signs and wonders. The greatest sign is a new life in Christ. What a wonder to see a person changed. Healings and miracles are also confirmations of the power and presence of God. The weak and the lost seek magic from wizards, Wicca, the occultic practices of witches and familiar spirits. We are not to seek magic and the works of darkness, this is an abomination to the Spirit of God. We are chosen and sent forth as witnesses of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Mat 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
Mat 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
Mat 10:21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
Mat 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Mat 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Expect opposition, even from your close friends and family. We are servants of God and not all are of his Spirit, nor do they want us to interfere with their sin filled lives. We are sent by God and His Spirit speaks through us the gospel power of God.

Mark 6:7 And he called unto him the twelve, and began to send them forth by two and two; and gave them power over unclean spirits;
Mark 6:8 And commanded them that they should take nothing for their journey, save a staff only; no scrip, no bread, no money in their purse:
Mark 6:9 But be shod with sandals; and not put on two coats.
Mark 6:10 And he said unto them, In what place soever ye enter into an house, there abide till ye depart from that place.
Mark 6:11 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
Mark 6:12 And they went out, and preached that men should repent.
Mark 6:13 And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them.

They were sent only with the staff, a symbol of the Holy Spirit; He is enough. If people refuse your testimony then you have permission to shake off the dust of their city, as a testimony against him. I have heard people in the chats speak of God's love while being trampled by ungodly people. We are not to continue to cast pearl's to swine. Pray for them, but move on so that others may hear the gospel message. If the antichrist spirit continues to speak against the gospel message, remove them so that others may find the way of truth. This is a common practice in witnessing on the Internet chats.

John as a human witness must decrease, as we decrease, so that He (Jesus) may increase.

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
John 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
John 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
John 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
John 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

The testimony of two

John 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
John 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
John 8:17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
John 8:18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
John 8:19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
John 8:20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.
John 8:21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

It is a simple truth; only through Jesus are we forgiven. He alone has paid the price for sin by going to the cross: the just for the unjust. Our message is Jesus, the cross and his resurrection to eternal life.

1 Cor 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Cor 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
1 Cor 1:5 That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
1 Cor 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
1 Cor 1:7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1 Cor 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Cor 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

The testimony of Christ is confirmed in you by the Spiritual gifts you receive. At Pentecost it was speaking in tongues. There are many gifts of the Spirit to be the evidence of His ownership and our service to him. The testimony of Jesus is the Spirit of prophecy. We should be speaking his message as a confirmation of his gifts. We cannot speak what we do not know. He will reward our faithfulness at his coming.

1 Cor 2:1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.
1 Cor 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
1 Cor 2:3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.
1 Cor 2:4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
1 Cor 2:5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

We cannot fake the power of God's Spirit. You may try to fake a gift, but those of His Spirit know if it is of God, or just the words of a man.

2 Tim 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;
2 Tim 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,
2 Tim 1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
2 Tim 1:11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

We are to endure through sufferings and afflictions. We are soldiers in the Lord's army and we must be faithful to our calling.

Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Christ Jesus has overcome for us, by shedding his blood on the cross. We speak the word by His Spirit, not loving our lives in this world, but as living sacrifices and willing bond slaves we obey Him even as we are the adopted children of the most high God. Thank you Jesus. Use us as your Spiritual witnesses. Not my words, but yours, so that your power will be shown.

No comments: