Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Blessed and the Cursed

The Blessed Remnant

Isa 65:8 Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all.

Isa 1:9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

The LORD sees a remnant of Judah that serve him and he will not destroy them. They are as a cluster of grapes saved from the crushing; the blood bath of the winepress. We are in Christ a cluster of grapes; the fruit of the Holy Spirit, in those saved from a people that will be under the wrath of God.

Isa 65:9 And I will bring forth a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains: and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.

Jesus spoke of a last days remnant; the elect of God.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Isa 65:10 And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.

Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

Those who seek God and stay close to him are blessed. In times of trouble, God's people find green pastures and rest. He is our rest and peace.

Psa 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Psa 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

The Cursed Rebellious

Isa 65:11 But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain, that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering unto that number.

That "troop," gad, refers to the worship of a pagan god, that supposedly would disribute good fortune. They forget God's covenant place of worship, on the holy mountain of Jerusalem and instead worshipped the idols of the nations. America is an example of a rebellious people, troubled on every side, bad news every day, but many still serve false gods, many having exchanged the true faith for a lie. There were and are many who refuse to believe in and to come near the LORD who is our peace.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Isa 65:12 Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes, and did choose that wherein I delighted not.

Prov 1:24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
Prov 1:25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
Prov 1:26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
Prov 1:27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
Prov 1:28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
Prov 1:29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
Prov 1:30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
Prov 1:31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
Prov 1:32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
Prov 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Isa 65:13 Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold, my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed:
Isa 65:14 Behold, my servants shall sing for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl for vexation of spirit.

Oh how sad it is to meet those who cannot come to the LORD. They are a cursed people, having hardened their hearts, they are given over to their evil ways. May the Lord have mercy on all who call upon his name. His own servants he blesses. The rebellious do not receive good things of the LORD. The LORD promises to meet our needs, He gives us joy of heart; the rebellious have sorrow, confusion and unrest.

Isa 65:15 And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by another name:

The rebellious leave behind a cursed name : Cain, Esau, Ahab, Judas, they all have perished, but the Lord has a remnant that serve him. They shall have a new name; we today are named as Christians, the faithful, the chosen of God.

Isa 65:16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

The blessed shall bless himself in the God of truth. All things are from God; all blessings, all power, and all good things. In Christ we are given his authority and power. This is available when we are in his will, as he directs by his Holy Spirit.

Mat 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

There are Hebrews under the old covenant and there are Christians under the new covenant. Out of these who are called the children of God, there is a faithful remnant. A chosen few who serve the LORD and are close to him. They will continue into eternal life.

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

Salvation is by faith and by their works and their fruit you shall know them. We know that salvation is by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, who shed his blood as payment for our sins. No man can make his own way, we must believe the promises of God. Are you part of the faithful remnant?

No comments: