Wednesday, May 13, 2009

God Is (from the book of John)

God Is (Book of John)

John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
John 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
John 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
John 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

We are to witness about Jesus who is true. He is to be honored, lifted up and glorified. We are to become less and less in the flesh, so that by his Spirit we will become more and more like him. Our work is to show the world Jesus, the Living Word, the only begotten Son of God the Father. We speak of earthly things; Jesus speaks from the throne of God. He who receives his testimony is sealed by the Holy Spirit, for God is true and Jesus is the truth of God. Jesus only spoke the words of God his father, to men; for he had the Spirit of God without measure and God is Spirit.

John 4:21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Believe in Jesus, for we will worship him not in a place, but he will enter our innermost being; he will dwell within us. We do not worship a man made tradition or idea or some false god. We worship the God of the Jews, the LORD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. True worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and in truth. God is Spirit and he is truth. We do not worship in ignorance and in form , but from the heart, the true God. He is the power and the glory, we worship him in his Spirit and in his truth. In truth we allow hjm to worship through us, obeying and yielding to his Spirit.

John 6:26 Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
John 6:28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign showest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?
John 6:31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.
John 6:32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.
John 6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
John 6:34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.
John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
John 6:36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Many follow Jesus only for food and treasures of this life. He warns us that we should be working for things that endure, the everlasting things. They asked what they should do to do the work of God. He responded: receive the Son of God. Receive his Grace; trust not in the works of the law. The law is holy, but sin must be paid for. Jesus is the way, the only way for our sins to be paid for. The sign of his authority is that he is the bread they seek: the bread of life from heaven, the living manna from God. He came to do the Father's will and all who come to him shall be saved; all that the Father gives to him. Salvation is of God, not our doing. We respond in faith, in truth, by the leading of the Holy Spirit. Jesus is eternal God, for although he died for our sins he is risen and he personally will raise us in the last days. Only God can raise the dead, Jesus is God the Son; the living bread sent from heaven. I am reminded that bread is broken, representing his body given for us and wine given in remembrance of his spilled blood, the atonement for our sins.

Jesus: I am from God, God the Son

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Jesus is the light, as God the Father is light. He is the light of truth, not a fallen light, as lucifer, who is the false light of the world. Remember that Jesus is the true light as he is the truth of God.

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

We are from the earth, Jesus came from God above; we are of this world; Jesus is not of this world. We are of Adam, fallen in sins. Jesus is from heaven, having no sin. Jesus is the second Adam and those who believe in him shall not perish, but have eternal life. If you do not come to him you will die in your sins, eternally separated from God.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

I AM: the name of God, Jesus the I AM, was before Abraham. For he was with God before the creation of the worlds and he created the worlds with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

John 13:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.
John 13:21 When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.
John 13:22 Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake.
John 13:23 Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.
John 13:24 Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.
John 13:25 He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?John 13:26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.
John 13:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.
John 13:28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.
John 13:29 For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.
John 13:30 He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.
John 13:31 Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.
John 13:32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.
John 13:33 Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.
John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Jesus is with anyone that he sends as his witness. If they do not receive the witness they do not receive him. If they receive the witness, Jesus receives them with the Father who sent him. If we remember this, we will not feel personal misgivings, but will instead be intercessors in prayer, as the Spirit directs us to pray. One at the table of the last supper would betray him and this upset him. Many prefer the darkness and refuse or betray the Christ by actively working against him. This upsets Jesus as it does us, his witnesses. He came to die for our sins, so this was the time for him to be glorified. Think of the beatings and torture and shame he took on our behalf. He was glorified even through this most painful time, because he fulfilled his Father's purpose.

This verse needs looking into

John 13:32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him

God is glorified in Jesus and Jesus shall be glorified in God, and shall straitway glorify him.

Supporting verses

John 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Let's take this personally. If Jesus is glorified in us, we shall be glorified in him and in the father. This is shown to us:

John 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
John 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
John 17:24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

What have we learned?

Jesus is God the Son from heaven and we are to witness of him, for he is the truth and the way to God the father.

God is a Spirit and must be worshipped in Spirit and truth.

Jesus is the bread of life from the Father in heaven. He is the way to everlasting life.

Jesus is the light of the world; he is the eternal Word of God from heaven.

Jesus obeyed the Father and was glorified, the father in him and he in the father. When we come to Jesus we are found in him and in the father, receiving everlasting light.

God is much more than what is covered here. From John, It is clear that Jesus is God the Son, sent to bring a people to the Father and he will come for us. He is our Savior.

No comments: