Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Keys


My oldest brother became head of a mobile home factory. His brother was the foreman of the cabinet shop and mill.  I was least in age and position. But, my brother gave to each of us a key to the gate of the business.  To me, it was an opportunity to use the machines to make our kitchen cabinets. I paid only for the materials used.  Those keys showed that we were trusted and it was an opportunity given by authority.In the Bible, keys refer to authority.


 The apostle John had a vision of Jesus in heaven.


Rev 1:17  When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. But He placed His right hand on me and said, "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last, 

Rev 1:18  the Living One. I was dead, and behold, now I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of Death and of Hades. 


The good news is that Jesus has the keys to heaven and hell.  He has all authority and through him we are forgiven of sins. Through him we are alive with family and friends who trusted in him. We live forever in the love of God.

No comments: