Thursday, August 8, 2024

Inspiration

 Sixty five years ago I was twenty years old and was fighting cancer. God opened my eyes and I was aware of him personally.  I was witnessing to everyone in the hospital that God is real and  that he was here for them.  Later on, I was to be baptized as an outward witness  of my Christian faith, My entire family; father, mother and two brothers were baptized along with me. An elderly woman in the church said that she had never seen an entire family baptized together. It was a time of inspiration and hope for our entire family.



The dictionary defines inspiration as the process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative. I believe that to do something new and worthwhile that you need the help of God, the creator.



A Biblical definition of inspiration is  "God breathed".  



Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.



God makes living creatures and he gave a soul to human-beings. The Bible say that we were created in the image of God, with a soul and spirit.



The Bible is inspired by God and is truth.



2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

2Ti 3:17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.



God is the author of his word and he spoke his word into men who were given inspiration to write the Bible.



2Pe 1:20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture comes from one's own interpretation.

2Pe 1:21 For no such prophecy was ever brought forth by the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.


It is a great comfort to me to trust in the truth of God, the Holy Bible. Jesus spoke to us to learn of him and  that the truth shall set you free.



John 8:31 So He said to the Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples.

John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."



Heb 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

Heb 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.



 I pray for you that you will come to God through Jesus Christ. Through him he will give you inspiration and direction to chose what is good and right. He loves you and he will receive you and give to you more love than you have ever known. He wants you to come to him. Lord God I ask that you give me opportunities to serve you by bringing others to you. Amen

No comments: